So I got tagged for a blog meme by Kerry and am just now getting around to it. I have to name ten things that are weird about me. I am having a really hard time coming up with things here. Only because everything I do is totally normal in my mind, although I'm sure I have many more than just ten weird behaviors, unfortunately.
So, here goes:
1. I can pick up things with my toes. This talent comes in handy as a busy mom who is often carting a baby around.
2. While I am going throughout my day I often narrate it in third person, like a novel: "She was so exhuasted from the day that all she wanted to do was sleep. But the laundry awaited her...and so did the dishes. She would have to get those finished before she could even entertain the thought of lying down..." Hey, I didn't say it was an interesting novel.
3. I love to eat double stuff mint oreos. That isn't strange in and of itself, but when I eat them, I have to eat them in threes. First I eat all 6 of the chocolate cookies and then I take the 3 frosting middle parts, stack them together and savor them. Yum.
4. I am extremely ticky about how the dishwasher is loaded. I appreciate when Joel loads it, but if he doesn't run it before I get to it I will rearrange it.
5. I have a weird phobia of talking on the phone. I hate it. I will do it if it's my husband or my mom without a problem. Everyone else I will put off calling for days, or better yet, email. Even if you are my best friend. Sorry.
6. I am fluent in Romanian. (I'm starting to grasp at straws here...)
7. I have such a big mouth that I can stick my entire fist in it.
8. I am terrified of losing things. Maybe terrified isn't quite the right word, but if I lose something I will totally freak out. Even if I find it in 5 minutes. Joel makes fun of me that I immediately have a panic attack as soon as I realize something has gone missing. He is right to do so, unless it's one of our children.
9. I will not eat meat and fruit together. That means no pineapple and Canadian Bacon on my pizza. No special applesauce on my ham, no matter how gourmet it is. No gooseberry sauce on my salmon. And definitely no cranberry sauce on my turkey. Yuck!
10. I don't like watching TV because most shows can't hold my attention for very long. I end up wandering around the house doing other things. The internet is a time waster that is much more suited to my personality as I can just hop from site to site and never get bored.
There you have it. My ten oddities. You all have some wonderful blackmail material on me now.
And, at the very least, you now know why I never call you.