I've been cranky lately (see last post) and prone to complaining. I'm having a hard time seeing the good in anything this week. Everything just makes me kind of mad:
1. The Elementary School Carnival was Friday. The tickets were a dollar apiece. Highway robbery, if you ask me. Especially since the Go Fish game cost 2 Tickets and all Chloe got was a stupid little ball from the Oriental Trading Company that costs about 10 cents, if that. I'd rather take my 2 dollars and buy her something she really cares about.
2. We drove up to Provo yesterday for Joel's grandmother's 90th birthday celebration and it snowed the entire way up. Well, from about Beaver to Santaquin (if that means anything to you). I want to move back to Arizona.
3. The food at the celebration wasn't very good and it was expensive. And it certainly didn't adhere to my diet.
4. The stupid refs took away our touchdown last night! I don't think I like this new review rule. It seems like a good thing, but it certainly hasn't worked much in BYU's favor, that's for sure! And I still don't think they could have possibly had conclusive evidence on this one....they say he didn't have full control of the ball. Hogwash.
5. I am not losing weight fast enough. I feel like I am putting all this time and effort, not to mention money into it and I should lose like 10 pounds a week or something. It shouldn't matter that I have PCOS and it's almost impossible to lose weight, I am just not happy with the 1 pound a week I have been averaging.
Well, I don't like feeling this way. It's giving me a headache. Or maybe it's just making the headache I already have from lack of sleep worse. Either way, I don't like having a headache. (And here I go complaining again.)
So, in the spirit of accentuating the positive and eliminating the negative:
1. My girls were so excited about the carnival. I mean, Bria skipped and Chloe just bubbled the entire way there. It's hard not to smile and be happy when your children are just beside themselves with joy--it's contagious. Who cares about the tickets being so expensive? Chloe thought the stupid ball she got was the best thing since sliced bread and Bria thoroughly enjoyed herself.
2. Joel and I always love to drive for extended periods because we can really talk. Especially since we see each other so rarely lately. And, also, I guess the snow might mean the drought will be better this year. Even though that's a tough one for me to see positive in. I still want to move back to Arizona.
3. The celebration itself was fun. Always fun to see family members (even if they are in-laws) that you don't get to see very often. And Joel especially loves it, and I need to be better about allowing him the joy of being with his family. After all, we still got to spend some time with my parents and brother too, which I love.
4. At least we still won the game. Go Cougars!
5. At least I'm not gaining weight! 1 pound a week is pretty good. If I can keep it up, eventually it will all come off.
I'm still grumpy, but it does make me feel a little bit better.
And now, I'm off to try to sleep.