I've started several posts the last few days, but realized I just don't have a lot to say right now. Or, at least, I don't have a lot to say about any one particular topic. Just a little bit to say about a lot of things. I guess that's the nature of back to school time. So much to be thinking about and so much to do...not a lot of time for ruminating.
The thoughts swishing around my head:
1. Sophie probably needs speech therapy. My doctor doesn't think so, but I do. Today a lady came over to evaluate her for early intervention, and while she is on track with how many words she says and what she can understand, she is not very understandable and doesn't articulate her words well at all. The speech lady said they will come next week and do an articulation test and then we will see if she qualifies for help.
2. How to get Bria organized in school? She totally takes after me in this regard, and has already lost her homework this first week. Last year, her teacher told me at parent teacher conference that Bria was one of the most creative children she had, but that with creativity often comes disorganization and she needed to work on that. So, working on it we are, but the success so far is little.
3. Chloe knocked her Kindergarten teacher's socks off at her evaluation. She's a smarty pants for sure, and can't wait to start school next week. I can't wait, either.
4. I was spoiled rotten on my birthday. My parents bought me a gorgeous necklace and a new couch to replace my ugly one. Joel bought me a backdrop stand for photography and several books that were on my wish list at Amazon.
5. I am starting to freak out about my upcoming recital. And now I have a little cough that really only makes an appearance while I'm singing. This makes it difficult to practice. Augh!
6. I have been somewhat obsessed with following the story of the couple who crashed their airplane in Arizona through family blogs. I do not know them, but the gal is originally from Provo, and I do know some of her family members, and I wonder if any of my Arizona friends know them. They have been on my mind a lot, and I pray for their speedy recovery.
7. I rearranged my whole house (well, as much as possible) since I know we're here another year. That, along with my new couch, will make it seem more bearable. I will post pictures someday.
8. I haven't had a very good summer in the weight loss department, but the weight gain department did quite well, unfortunately. I'm trying to find out more about various weight loss programs that can really help me.
9. Nearly every toy Bria and Chloe own is in the mad bag (our time out for toys). Much of Bria's clothing is in there, too. I've stopped yelling about a clean room, and instead give them a deadline (1 hour before bedtime) and as soon as the timer rings I calmly go in and confiscate anything that is out of place. The problem with this, is that I don't really have anywhere to put four bags of Barbie crap.
10. I can't wait for Joel to be done with the Shakespearean festival. It was surely a godsend for our finances this summer, and I am so grateful. But now that school has started, it means I never see the guy (not that I would see him so much more without it). Only one more week.
11. I must now get my duff off this chair and go exercise or clean or something.