Turning in our Friday night movies is generally a rock solid part of our Wednesday routine, but yesterday was just plain crazy. I'm not even sure that anything in the routine went normally yesterday. Drat those SEP (parent teacher conference) weeks where the kids get home an hour early, and Joel has a million conferences with parents and gets home late. The one good thing about these weeks is that I get to find out how amazingly smart Bria is. And seriously, she is.
So, anyway, I found myself driving to Hollywood Video at 11:00 last night to turn the DVDs in. We don't live exactly close to downtown, and so I always like to spend those types of drives listening to late night talk radio.
Except, I have no idea what I was listening to. All I heard was that it was something about the federal tax bailout and then a lot of talk about global warming. As usual, I found my mind wandering all over the place, jumping from thought to thought, sparked by something Laura Ingraham said, in a thread that probably makes sense only to me.
1. Although I'm not a hard core believer in global warming, I did actually buy some eco-friendly dishwasher detergent recently. It was on sale and I had a coupon. It was Palmolive brand, and just happened to be green. Great, all I care about is that it was cheap. It stinks, my friends. It leaves a nasty film all over the dishes, especially tupperware-type plastic. So much for saving the environment. I'll stick with Cascade, thanks.
2. I am, however, slowly stocking up on reusable shopping bags for the grocery store. Again, not so much because I care about the inconvenient truth, but because I can't stand all the plastic bags. I hate them with a passion. I have really loved my little reusables, and can't wait till I have enough to not have to use a single plastic bag.
3. I saw a link somewhere on the internet that had directions for making your own reusable grocery bags out of old t-shirts. I think I'd like to try this, but I don't remember where I saw the darn thing.
4. I am almost finished with Dorothy's dress. Just have to put in the zipper, hem it, and sew on the buttons. Chloe is absolutely thrilled with it. I am amazed at how easy this one was, especially compared to the lion.
5. I went shopping on eBay last week for a baptism dress for Bria. I chose not to go with all white, popular as that idea is, for a couple reasons: 1) Bria the Fashionista would hate it, and 2) I'm not spending my money on a dress that will be easily ruined and that my daughter will hate. Might as well get something she loves for her baptism.
6. Not only did I find an adorable dress and hat for Bria. I found some for Chloe and Sophie as well. Chloe's hat came today and I am over the moon ecstatic about its adorable factor. I cannot wait to get the rest and have a grand old time shooting pictures. That's the real reason I had to have these dresses, you know. All in the name of photography.
7. The photoshoot I had scheduled for this coming Saturday had to cancel because someone got called into work. Maybe I'll use that time to photograph my own little brood and scout out cool locations.
8. All my St. George lessons are also canceled on Saturday, due to the High School Shakespeare competition. It will be nice to be able to watch conference.
9. Because I don't have lessons, I am able to audition as a soloist in this year's production of Handel's Messiah. The auditions are always on Saturday morning, and I never can get there because of Tuacahn. What luck.
10. I wonder what I should sing?
And that is just an example of the way my mind works. Unfortunately, most people are usually not privy to all the details in between, and only look at me in confusion as I abruptly change the conversation from global warming to an upcoming audition. And then I look at them in confusion, because it all makes total sense to me.
I will work on that.
Right after I decide what to sing on Saturday.
If you haven't entered my Halloween giveaway, what are you waiting for? You know you want to. Don't be shy! It doesn't matter if you're a lurker who has never commented, if you're my best friend or if it's your first time visiting the blog. As long as you live in the United States, you're totally eligible. You have till midnight on Tuesday, October 7. Winner announced Wednesday, October 8.