You may have noticed that Pablo Picasso quote up there. It's always been one of my favorites (at least it has since I first heard it), and I figured it was a good resolutiony-type saying to remind me of my goals this month.
Apparently, I don't mind dying with my laundry unfolded. I left a couple loads to be folded before we left on our vacation last week, and since we've been home, I've done everything but fold them. In fact, I've added around 6 more loads to the pile.
I had every intention of getting to it today, but instead I
• Went through a few closets, getting stuff ready to take to DI (our local thrift store)
• Read books to Sophia for an hour
• Cleaned out a junk drawer
• Cleaned out the catchall music basket by the piano
• Finished taking all the Christmas decorations down
• Organized the couponing stuff (still more to be done)
• Decided that the bookshelf holding music by the piano was driving me nuts
• Decided that the bookshelf holding my scrapbook supplies in Sophie's room was much sturdier and prettier than the one by the piano
• Took 2 hours unloading each shelf, switching them, and then reloading the music shelf
• Decided that the other shelf really needed some TLC and glued wrapping paper into the back to spice it up
• Re-organized the scrapbook crap
• Found two tubs of preschool/craft supplies and threw away most of it, organized the rest
At least I'm getting organized, even though tomorrow I may just die because I'll be suffocated by my mountain of clean laundry.
It's all about priorities.