My friend Karen tagged me, and I was thankful. You may not be, but at least I have something to blog about that was fairly stress free. Not too difficult to answer a few strange questions, and I don't have the time lately to think of wonderful topics, so there you go.
And here I go.
1. What is your current obsession?
Packing up my house. Also, I will admit to having read the entire Harry Potter series in the last week. Between packing boxes and all. I'm a fast reader.
2. What do you hate the most that everyone else seems to love?
Twilight. Although that's probably the cliche answer, it's true. And I can't think of anything else.
3. What are you wearing today?
Khaki capris with a black tee that says "Western Cowgirl" on it. It's cute, even though I'm the least likely candidate to actually be a western cowgirl.
4. What's for dinner?
That is a question you'll have to ask my personal chef, er, husband.
5. What would you eat for your last meal?
Fettucine alfredo with chicken and garden veggies. Pumpkin pie for dessert.
6. What is the last thing you bought?
Brunch at the Bellagio Buffet.
7. What are you listening to right now?
The dryer spinning, the air conditioner humming, Sophia singing.
8. What do you think of the person that tagged you?
I think she's wonderful and I regret not ever getting to know her better when we were neighbors. After reading her blog, I have found that she is one of those rare kindred spirits.
9. If you could have a house--fully paid for and totally furnished--anywhere in the world, where would it be?
New York City.
10. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would it be?
That's kind of a difficult question. Anywhere in Europe, but top choice would probably be Vienna. Or London. Or Venice.
11. What is one of your hobbies?
Just one? Photography.
12. What is ONE of your favorite quotes?
This is a bit more forceful ONE, is it?
Only put off until tomorrow that which you would be willing to die having left undone. Picasso
Not that I follow it or anything, but I try.
13. What is your favorite color?
Red. In all its various shades.
14. What is your favorite piece of clothing in your wardrobe?
I'm pretty finicky about that, but it's usually likely to be something super dressy that I never have much occasion to wear. Like my fabulous aubergine concert dress.
15. What is your dream job?
Opera singer or recitalist. Or pro photog with all the amazing equipment to go with it.
16. Describe your personal style.
I would dress up every day if I could in heels and everything. Not being practical, I'd describe my personal style as being classy casual. Or something like that. Not today though.
17. What is your favorite tree?
Honestly, I have never put any thought to this. I am rather fond of weeping willows, though.
18. What are you going to do after this?
Edit some photos.
19. What is your favorite fruit?
I am really not much of a fruit lover. I blame my pregnancy with Bria for that. It would probably be some type of berry if I have to pick.
20. What inspires you?
Beautiful design and photography. Singing voices that are so stunning that they seem to stop time. Exciting music. Mothers.
21. Who was the last person that you kissed?
22. What are you currently reading?
Nothing. After the Harry Potter fiasco I decided it isn't really safe for me to be reading anything for the next few weeks. We'll see how well I can keep to that.
23. Go to your bookshelf, take down the first book that you see with a red binding, turn to page 26 and type out the first line.
I have packed most of my books already, but all of our music books are still out so Joel can do course planning more effectively. Red binding? Here you go:
"Amahl was the first opera written expressly for American television."
24. What delighted you the most today?
Watching Joel as he experienced taking Sophia to her little speech therapy preschool for the first time.
25. By what criteria do you judge a person?
Wow. This a deep one. I don't know if I have a set criteria as I find myself just judging people on how I feel when I'm around them. I guess that's the criteria then.
26. What was your childhood nickname?
27. What are you afraid of?
Failure. Looking stupid. Bugs.