Today is Bria's 9th birthday. I can't even believe it. I was hoping to find the time today to write a lovely birthday tribute post to her, but I think I'll have to postpone it until later. After all, her "real" birthday party isn't until Saturday, so I think I have a few days to fly under the radar.
The reason for such a postponement?
Let's just say that it is 9:30 pm and this is the first time I've turned on my computer all day, with the exception of borrowing my mom's laptop to answer a couple quick emails this morning. (Actually, that's not an exception at all, since I still didn't turn my own computer on....)
Instead of being on the computer today, I:
1. Got the kids ready for school at the crack of dawn, or what seems like it.
2. Took all the fundraiser information to the preschool to be handed out to each child, and helped divvy it out for the first class.
3. Went to buy more paint for the girls' new apple green bedroom.
5. Painted some more.
6. Taught a voice lesson (in my paint clothes and with a lovely Cruella stripe of white paint in my hair).
7. Wrapped Bria's birthday gifts.
8. Did a bit of laundry (my mom did more).
9. Slaved away in the kitchen to make Bria's birthday dinner. (Okay, okay. Her favorite is pizza, so I picked up the phone and called Pizza Hut.)
10. Picked Joel up from work.
11. Did the whole birthday thing: Dinner, gifts, cake and candles.
13. Put kids to bed.
14. Made an apron for Bria's birthday party. Long story, but she is having a little cooking party on Saturday and I am making an apron for each little girl. That makes seven. Tonight was only the second.
Anyway, this is really the first time I've had all day to sit down and blog, and I am literally falling asleep, my head is bobbing and everything. I don't think I even have the fortitude to wash the paint out of my hair before I go to sleep.
No matter, I'll be painting again in the morning.
PS My parents have been huge helps today. Without them, I wouldn't have done a fourth of what I've been able to do today. Phewsh.