This week has been Cuh-razy. With a capital C. I haven't even done my New Year's Resolutions, which may sound like a silly thing to be worried about, but I always look forward to the time to reflect and make some goals to be better.
My to-do list is a million miles long (Chloe would tell me I was doing "that thing" again right about now)(she means exaggerate)(but the word she's really looking for is hyperbole), and I feel like it just keeps getting longer. I did manage to chisel out a few errands this morning, so that's good.
But I am going to have to give up some things.
Want to know what they are?
- Not getting a cold sore (I've been slathering it with Abreva for two days and it is still as tingly as ever).
- Having a clean kitchen (or house, for that matter).
- Ever hearing back from all of my students to see if the schedule works for them (I'm just going to have to start teaching tomorrow with my fingers crossed).
- Joining the gym (I tried this morning, I really did. But it's a Snap and therefore you have to sign up while the manager is there and the manager's hours are pretty much the opposite of any hours I can go until Saturday).
- Memorizing Shepherd on the Rock (I have to sing it in the faculty recital in less than two weeks--I'll be using my music).
- Catching up on blog reading (I finally admitted absolute defeat to the 1,000+ unread items that have been in my reader all week and marked all as read).
- Editing all of the vacation pictures (I hope you don't mind seeing vacation pictures on this blog until about June, because I've already lost steam!).
- Finding a good picture of all three of my children on the vacation (impossible task, period).
You might say Sophia smiled enough for everyone, and Bria is always looking pleasant in pictures. But Chloe? If she's mad at you (and believe me, she was) she will not fake it. You will only get a mad face, and she will refuse to look at you.
So I gave up.