2. Do not pin 108 (and counting) pumpkin recipes on Pinterest.
3. Do not go to anything that even has the hint of being a "party." This includes, but is not limited to: Book Club, Halloween Parties, Thanksgiving Dinner, White Elephant Exchanges, Stampin' Up/Scentsy/Tupperware Parties, Birthday Parties, etc.
4. Do not host anything that even has the hint of being a "party." (See #3.)
5. Throw away or hide all items in your pantry resembling sugar, flour, or pumpkin. For extra insurance, you can hide the KitchenAid, too.
6. Learn how to make a tofu turkey for Thanksgiving Dinner. Also tofu pie, tofu potatoes and tofu casserole.
7. Do not invite anyone over to your home for any meal. If you must have the missionaries over, feed them salad and absolutely do not make anything resembling dessert.
8. When it's snowing outside and all you want to do is cuddle up with your book and a cup of hot cocoa, don't do it. A cup of boiling water will do just fine.
9. Do not make fudge for your friends and neighbors. Or cookies. They'd much rather have a handmade toilet paper cozy, I promise.
10. Don't set foot into a grocery store. In fact, don't leave your house. Or your bed, for that matter. Hibernation is clearly the best option.
See you in January!
But seriously people, what are your best strategies for not gorging yourself and gaining 30 pounds from October-December? I need all the help I can get....