2. I have a significant high-frequency hearing loss in my left ear. If you are sitting on my left and try to whisper something in my ear, I will have to turn my entire body so you can whisper into my right ear. Otherwise I will not understand a word you whisper, as whispering is a high-frequency sound. Bria is highly embarrassed if I have to turn to hear her whisper and will refuse to repeat herself. Joel just knows to sit on my right.
3. I have never broken a bone, yet my children have each broken at least one. Chloe has broken three.
4. My biggest goal is to learn to achieve balance in my life. I am such an all-or-nothing girl that I am either perfect or I let everything go to pot and don't even care. It's very tiresome sometimes, and I wish I could find a nice middle ground. I'm working on it.
5. I have six pairs of high-heeled black boots and I don't think that's enough.
6. I haven't been able to wear flat shoes since I hurt my Achilles tendon a couple summers ago without being in great pain. You will always find me in heels or good sturdy tennis shoes now. And good sturdy tennis shoes are ugly and only appropriate for exercise, so heels it is.
|Look! I have a Schnoodle Beard. I also love my dog--but you already knew that.|
7. When I was in 8th Grade I had an assignment to write a persuasive letter. I wrote a letter to my parents convincing them to let me quit piano lessons, and it worked! I have regretted that letter since college. I'm a decent pianist, but I sure wish I would have continued so I could be a GOOD pianist.
8. The reason I don't like to cook is because I get too easily distracted in the kitchen. I burn things, I forget to add ingredients, and I skip important steps in the recipe because I am trying to do three other things besides cook the meal.
9. I had all three of my babies without epidurals or other medications and I used hypnobirthing with the last two.
10. I have been spit on in the eye by Romanian gypsies. More than once.
11. And if that wasn't enough, a wild baboon pooped on my head in Belize. Just once.
You guys. NaBloPoMo is killing me. I have a whole lists of posts I would like to write, and I've done okay, but some days I just can't do it. Today is one of those days.
Lucky for me this crazy Facebook meme has been going around with all the random things. I totally enjoyed reading everyone else's lists, so after a week or so, I finally joined in. Forgive the meme today, and I'll (try to) be vastly more interesting tomorrow.