A couple of weeks ago, I posted about how Sophia taught me to notice how amazingly awesome my life is. (You can read that post HERE.) I have now committed to doing a periodic feature on my blog highlighting seven awesome things in my life right now in an effort to help me remember my word for the year: PEACE.
So, without further ado, here are seven awesome things in my life today:
1. The mailman brought these. I. Cannot. Wait. May can't come soon enough!
2. I saw a winter rainbow today. (Would you call that a snowbow?) A little spot of beauty in the bitter cold and crazy blizzards of late. Look closely...can you see it? (It wasn't easy to photograph with just my phone.)
3. The reason that there was a rainbow was because there was also sun. And sun is awesome, even when it's 35 degrees below zero.
4. I survived driving in the white out yesterday. (Don't worry, I was stopped when I took this.)(Because I couldn't figure out where the road was.)
5. Having a husband who is a worthy priesthood holder is awesome. I have been dreading this semester, and so I asked for a blessing the other day. I gleaned a lot of wisdom from his words, and made a list of what I need to do to survive.
6. No photo for this one, but I finished my first week of teaching this semester, and all of my students can match pitch. One might think this isn't so monumental, but having 21 students in a school where there is no music major and one can take lessons to fulfill a PE Credit? Trust me, it's monumental. Hooray for pitch matchers!
7. This was the sunset tonight. Bria took it for me with my phone as we were leaving her violin lesson. She was rather proud of the artistic angle. I was rather awed by the beauty of the light.
What's awesome in YOUR life right now?