- Bria played a whole violin concerto today at a recital and I am so proud of her.
- She's just happy it's over.
- I am LOVING the sunshine we've been getting lately.
- But it has been incredibly cold.
- Fortunately, I have a heater.
- I do not have a sunshine maker.
- Bria joined the volleyball team.
- Opera rehearsals are starting tonight.
- Both of these are just more to add to the schedule.
- I think we need to buy another car--this one car business is getting to be super difficult.
- We had a lovely Valentine's Day on Friday.
Here are the Valentines we ended up making this year:
Chloe made these adorable little Twinkie minions, complete with "Valentine, You're one in a Minion!" cards. We got the idea HERE. I bought the supplies and helped her make the first one and she went to town and did all the rest herself with minimal help from me. They were a big hit with her classmates.
I forgot to take a picture of Sophia's valentines, but here she is putting them together (with a very hopeful Puccini looking on). We went with a Frozen theme, and made the valentines found on this blog. We used one gigantic marshmallow, two big marshmallows, and two small marshmallows plus two pretzel sticks, three brown M&Ms, and one orange one for the nose. And we used the printable provided at One Creative Mommy for the bag toppers. Hers turned out super cute, too, and her classmates also really loved them.
And I loved that both girls pretty much did all the work themselves. I also love that Bria is in middle school and didn't have to hand out valentines, though she did do some for her friends.
I'm off to prepare for my first opera rehearsal--wish me luck!