Use these free printable Christmas treasure hunt clues for a super fun way to find Christmas gifts! Have a scavenger hunt on Christmas morning, or organize a holiday party featuring the clue cards.
When my girls were a lot younger, we were going on a cruise shortly after Christmas and they needed luggage of their own. It was way too big too wrap and put under the tree, and it wasn’t from Santa Claus who typically leaves gifts out unwrapped on Christmas morning. I could have made some Christmas bags to wrap them with, but instead I decided to have a Christmas scavenger hunt instead.
I came up with scavenger hunt clues that led the kids all over the house until they finally found their new luggage in the shower. They had so much fun finding their treasure that it quickly became a favorite family christmas tradition.
Christmas Scavenger Hunt Printable
I usually just make up random clues off the top of my head on Christmas Eve, but this year I decided to actually make a printable Christmas scavenger hunt that I could share with you.
The free printables come with Christmas scavenger hunt riddles that are easy enough for young children to solve with the help of older siblings or other family members.
The treasure hunt printable also includes foldable envelopes for the clues, blank clue cards if you want to make up your own riddles, an answer key, and fun ideas for your Christmas treasure.
You can download the Christmas Scavenger Hunt Printable by putting your email address into the form below. The printable will be sent directly to your inbox.
Gift Ideas for Your Scavenger Hunt
If you don’t use your Christmas Scavenger Hunt to find gifts on Christmas morning, you can use it for fun Christmas parties instead. Here are some ideas for the “treasure” at the end! (Affiliate links)
A basket filled with an assortment of festive sweets, chocolates, and cookies.
A holiday-themed blanket, popcorn, hot chocolate mix, and a classic Christmas movie.
- Red snowflake blanket
- Snowman fleece blanket
- Classic reindeer print blanket
- Christmas popcorn tin
- Stephens Candy Cane Cocoa Mix
A set of beautiful holiday ornaments for the tree.
- Christmas Plush Toy Ornament Set
- Gnome Christmas Ornament Set
- Farmhouse Christmas Ornament Set
- Burlap Christmas Ornament Set
Warm, fuzzy socks with holiday patterns or designs.
Gift cards to popular stores, coffee shops, or online retailers.
Scented candles in holiday scents like cinnamon, pine, or gingerbread.
- Gingerbread Cookies Scented Candle
- Fraser Fir Christmas Candle
- Vanilla Peppermint Candle
- Sparkling Cinnamon Scented Yankee Candle
A fun holiday-themed board game or puzzle for family entertainment.
- Ravensburger Enchanted Christmas Puzzle
- Ravensburger Here Comes Christmas Puzzle
- Christmas Categories Party Game
- Santa Cookie Elf Candy Snowman Game
Include gourmet hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, and a cute mug.
- Gourmet Hot Chocolate Tin
- Mini Marshmallow Bits
- Stainless Steel Insulated Christmas Mug
- This is My Christmas Movie Watching Mug
Festive notepads, pens, and other stationery items.
- Vintage Christmas Tree Notebook
- Merry and Bright Christmas Notebook
- Cute Candy Cane Pens
- Christmas Gel Ink Pens for Kids
Bath salts, cozy bathrobe, and scented candles for a relaxing winter bath.
- Cozy Plaid Fleece Bathrobe
- Kids Hooded Robe in Multiple Styles (Including Santa!)
- Christmas Bath Bombs for Kids
- Pine and Cinnamon Scented Bath Salts
Festive spatulas, cookie cutters, or other holiday-themed kitchen tools.
A quirky or funny holiday-themed sweater.
Sugar cookies, icing, and various toppings for a fun cookie decorating activity.
A gift card to a local movie theater.
A stylish scarf and hat to keep warm during the winter season.
A frame for a memorable holiday photo from the scavenger hunt.
Most of all, enjoy the fun memories that are made with your Christmas Scavenger Hunt!