The Best Gluten-free Waffles
This delicious recipe for gluten-free waffles is easy to make and the whole family will love it!
My youngest daughter is gluten-free due to Celiac disease. After her diagnosis we spent a lot of time finding recipes for her favorite foods—like waffles.
This kid loves waffles. We tried a whole bunch of different gluten-free versions from store bought to homemade, and they were never quite right. My husband finally played around with a few different recipes making some of his own alterations and he finally succeeded!
We finally found the best gluten-free waffles! They are so good, that whenever we serve them to people who visit us they always ask for the recipe.
During the school year, we make up a big batch of batter and keep it in a Tupperware container in the fridge. This way, my daughters (because they all love them, even though they aren’t all gluten-free) can easily make up a waffle for breakfast before school.
And, if we’re being honest, they often make them after school, too. That’s how good they are!
This recipe makes about 12-14 waffles, which is usually plenty to last the school week in our house.
Best Gluten-free Waffles
- 2 Cups white rice flour
- 1 Cup potato starch (we use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 Cup tapioca flour (we use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 3 Cups buttermilk
- Using a whisk, mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. Batter should look creamy without any lumps.
- Add batter to pre-heated and greased waffle iron. (We use the Cuisinart nonstick round classic waffle iron)
Note: Each waffle iron is slightly different—we use about 3/4 cup of batter per waffle, but you’ll have to experiment with yours.
- Cook until crispy and golden brown (your individual waffle taste may prefer more or less browned).
- Carefully remove waffle with fork.
- Serve with your favorite waffle toppings.
- Nutella (our personal favorite!)
- Strawberries and whipped cream
- Maple syrup
- Your favorite jam
The best gluten-free waffles recipe ever! Make a batch of these at the beginning of the week and cook them up every morning for a delicious gluten-free breakfast!
- 2 cups White Rice Flour
- 1 cup Potato Starch
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Flour
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 3 cups Buttermilk
- Combine ingredients in bowl (using whisk) until well combined. Batter should look creamy without any lumps.
- Add batter to pre-heated waffle griddle.
- Cook until crispy and light brown on the outside.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free White Rice Flour, 24 Ounce (Pack of 1)
Cuisinart Nonstick Round Classic Waffle Iron
Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Potato Starch, 22 oz (Pack of 3) - with Spice of Life 4-in-1 Measuring Spoon
Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Spread, Perfect Topping for Pancakes, 26.5 Ounce (Pack of 1)
Bob's Red Mill Tapioca Flour - 16 Ounce - 2 Pk
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 556mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g