A gathering of delicious green food to serve on St. Patrick’s Day!
St. Patrick’s Day hasn’t always been my favorite holiday, I admit. And while I will probably never have the leprechauns visit my house and leave gold for my children or green footprints in the bathroom, it is kind of fun to add a simple nod to the holiday.
The easiest way to do that on St. Patrick’s Day is just to make everything green—including your food.
I’ve compiled a list of some fun recipes that are all very green! We have green breakfast foods, green dinner entrees, and lots and lots of green desserts. I can’t wait to try out the bell pepper and potato frittata for dinner—it’s a healthier option and I absolutely love the idea of using the peppers as shamrocks!
For breakfast, I think we will go with the green pancakes since we have green smoothies most days already.
The trouble will be choosing a dessert—too bad I can’t make them all!
- Colcannon Irish Potatoes from wholefoodbellies.com
- Green Quinoa Summer Salad from pinchofyum.com
- Shamrock Shake Recipe from dinneratthezoo.com
- Green Smoothie from twopeasandtheirpod.com
- Shamrock Shape Cupcakes from browneyedbaker.com
- Lime Jello Salad with Cream Cheese and Marshmallows from overstuffedlife.com
- Saint Patrick’s Breakfast; Green Pancakes from iheartnaptime.net
- Bell Pepper And Potato Frittata from skinnytaste.com
- Delicious Green Colored Popcorn St Patrick’s Day from skiptomylou.org
- Green Ombre St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes from thegoldlininggirl.com
- Mint Chocolate Brownie Brittle Bark from lifeloveandsugar.com
- Rainbow Meringues: Easy St. Patrick’s Day Recipe from kenarry.com
- Vegan Cruciferous Colcannon For St. Patrick’s Day from healthyslowcooking.com
- St. Patrick’s Day Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies from kleinworthco.com
- Shamrock Shake Macarons from bakingamoment.com
- St. Patrick’s Gum Drops Recipe from cincyshopper.com
- 4 Ingredient Shamrock Shake Fudge from spendwithpennies.com
- Shamrock Shake Cupcakes from crazyforcrust.com
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes from lifeloveandsugar.com
- Shamrock Cookies from thirtyhandmadedays.com
- Rice Krispies Treats from sarahsbakestudio.com
I hope you find a few recipes on this list that you and your families will enjoy this March 17!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!