St. Patrick’s Day is mostly an overlooked holiday at our house. Sure, the kids might wear green to school so they don’t get pinched, but I have never made any kind of big deal over the holiday. Once, my husband and I even went to Chicago over St. Patrick’s Day weekend and we just had no idea.
We learned pretty quickly that St. Patrick’s Day in Chicago is not an overlooked holiday. It is a really big deal. And while I still mostly ignore the holiday (hey—I’m not Irish, nor am I Catholic!) I figured I should at least start paying a little attention to it.
No leprechauns will be visiting our house to leave gold for the kids or to turn the milk green in the morning, but I thought it might be fun to give some little St. Patrick’s Day gifts.
I have a bunch of little jam jars, so I thought it would be fun to make a candy rainbow with a pot of gold with them. I made a cute printable that says “you are my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow” to go on top of the jars and I think it turned out darling!
- Small mason jar with standard sized lid (you could actually upcycle any glass jar for this project)
- Plain M&Ms, Skittles, or rainbow colored jelly beans
- Individually wrapped Rolos (the ones that come in a bag, not a roll)
- White Cardstock
- Ribbon (I used green ric-rac, but it would be fun to use rainbow ribbon, too)
- Download the printable (see directions for downloading below)
- Print onto white cardstock
- Place 4-5 Rolos in bottom of jar
- Separate candy into rainbow colors and layer the colors on top of the Rolos
- Cut out the printable
- Glue printable to jar lid
- Glue ribbon around jar lid to secure it (I just use a dot of glue every inch or so)
- Tie ribbon in bow
- Put lid on jar
Voila! An adorable St. Patrick’s Day gift to give to your kids, their teachers, your friends, or anyone else who needs a little love!
To download the printable:
Enter your email address into the form at the end of this post and it will be sent directly to your email inbox. Be sure to check your spam and promotion folders if you don’t see it right away.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Download the Printable
Enter your email address to get the Pot of Gold St. Patrick's Day Printable delivered straight to your email inbox.