Amazon Prime Day is here again!
I LOVE Prime Day! I think it’s even better than Black Friday, so it’s essentially Christmas in July except more amazing. There are always some pretty amazing deals to be had, but there are some tips and tricks you should know about before Prime Day actually begins—which is at 3:00 am Eastern time on July 15, 2019 (midnight Pacific time).
You can see all the lightning deals here: Prime Day Homepage
How to Get the Most Out of Amazon Prime Day
This is the most important thing! Amazon Prime Day is only for Prime customers, so you can’t get the deals if you aren’t a Prime member.
Sign up for a 30-day free trial right now so you’re ready to go when Prime Day hits.
If you are a student, you can sign up for a 6-month free trial.
If you install Amazon Assistant on your desktop you will get $10 off your Prime Day order of $50 or more. Amazon Assistant helps you watch deals by giving you notifications throughout the day on the items you are interested in.
If you prefer to watch the deals from your phone instead of a computer, download the Amazon App. You will get a $10 Amazon credit after signing into the app for the first time and another $10 credit after making your first in-app purchase.
Once you have downloaded the app, click on “Today’s Deals & Upcoming” in order to view all deals 24 hours before they are live. If you like an item, simply click on “Watch This Deal” and the app will alert you when the sale price starts.
You can also enter “sneak peek” into the search bar to find the Prime Day Deal sneak peeks. Use the “watch this deal” feature and make sure your app notifications are turned on so you know when the deal goes live.
Note: Amazon does not say what the price will be on these deals. You’ll have to wait for them to go live to find out if it’s a good enough deal for you to actually buy it, but this is a great way to see if there are items you’ve been wanting to buy or would like to buy.
If things on your wish list go on sale during Prime Day, Amazon will email you. You will want to keep a close eye on both Amazon and your email during Prime Day so you can be sure to get the great deals on the things you want most. Create your wish list here.
5. Use Alexa
If you do have an Amazon Echo or the Echo Dot, you can ask Alexa for special Prime Day earlybird deals and she’ll give you the information. Also, both the Echo and the Echo Dot will be on sale for Prime Day for killer deals. If you’ve been wanting Alexa, get them now.
Alexa will still be able to help during the main part of the sale as well, so if you have her, use her!
6. Enter to win
Use this link to enter to win cool daily prizes during Prime Day. Things like robotic vacuums, laptops, and scooters are up for grabs.
Find exclusive Prime Day coupons only for Prime members here: Prime Coupons. Find deals like 30% off Coca Cola products or 20-50% off specific products.
Cool Deals for Prime Day
Here is a list of some cool things that are being offered just for Prime Day. Below that you will find a list of products that I have dug up and am excited about. I will keep it updated throughout the Prime Day event, so keep checking back!
- Backup your photos on Amazon photo and get a $15 credit
- Get $10 to spend on Prime Day when you spend $10 in store at Whole Foods. Scan your Prime Code or use your mobile number at checkout in Whole Foods Market stores in the U.S. between 7/03/1 and 7/31/19 on a single purchase of $10 or more (can only be done once).
- Reload your Amazon gift card balance with at least $100 and get a $10 reward. If you know you are going to spend at least $100, it’s a great option to get a little bonus. You must be a Prime member to take advantage of this deal.
- Get a free pair of Disney headphones when you sign up for FreeTime Unlimited. Save 40% on a yearly subscription to FreeTime Unlimited. This is great for kids and gives them access to thousands of kid-friendly tv shows, apps, games, books, and more. It gives you control over how long they are online, setting goals, and more.
- Subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited for only 99 cents for the first four months.
- Get 3 months on Audible for only $4.95 a month. That will save you $30.
- Purchase from a huge assortment of magazine subscriptions and get prices as low as $1.99 per year for the subscription.
My favorite Amazon Prime Day deals
Remember, I don’t know what the prices will be yet, or when they will go on sale during the event, but these are some things I know will be on sale that I’m excited about. I will update this list throughout the entire event.
Spike Ball—This game is very popular among my kids and their friends and this is a good deal.
23 and Me DNA test (ancestry and health)—50% off! Great deal. My husband and I did these and it’s so cool to see the results.
Ancestry DNA test (ancestry only)—Also 50% off.
6 quart Instant Pot—This thing has changed my life. If you don’t have one hop on this deal NOW.
This post may contain affiliate links, for more information, please see my disclosure.