A while ago, I posted about how Sophia taught me to notice how amazingly awesome my life is. (You can read that post HERE.) I have now committed to doing a periodic feature on my blog highlighting seven awesome things in my life right now in an effort to help me remember my word for the year: PEACE.
1. I saw this amazing sundog/sun halo one day while running the kids around to their various activities. Sophia spotted it first, and called our attention to the "circle rainbow." The picture doesn't really do it justice--I only had my phone with me--but it really did look like a rainbow. I've since learned that this particular phenomena happens when there are ice crystals in the air due to extreme cold. While I haven't loved the extreme cold, it was extremely AWESOME to see the halo.
2. Opera rehearsal. I'm off this week because of spring break, but I am loving being in a show. Even though it's time consuming and exhausting and I worry about leaving the girls home to fend for themselves so much, ultimately I am so lucky to be able to do the thing I love most. I love how it stretches me artistically and makes me a better singer and performer, and I love how it makes me a better person, too.
3. The Maestro picked me up from work on Thursday and took me on an impromptu lunch date. I was so exhausted this last week that I seriously cried every time I had to get out of bed and go to work. And on Thursday I was probably a terrible teacher because I could not find the wherewithal to be energetic. In fact, one of my students cancelled due to illness, and instead of practicing during his lesson time as I usually do when a student cancels, I laid down on the couch in my studio and took a power nap. All of that said, I was so grateful to go sit and enjoy the sunshine through the restaurant window with The Maestro and know that I didn't have to teach the next week. Hooray for Spring Break! Oh--and I drank a Dr. Pepper. I don't do that often, because I'm pretty hypersensitive to the caffeine, but it got me through opera rehearsal that night! And I really like Dr. Pepper.
4. Did I mention it's Spring Break? And yet this is what I saw on Thursday when I walked out of the building from work. It cracks me up. Poor little bicycle. But, it's not my bike, and IT'S SPRING BREAK!!!!
5. My awesome friend from college sent me some happy mail this week, and it came right after we finished cleaning up the epic disaster of frozen sewer pipe in the bathroom. I adore the picture she drew of me fighting off winter! It made me smile through the tears. Along with it, she sent a cute little Mărțișor trinket. This is a holiday celebrated in Romania, where I served my mission, and the little trinkets bring spring. Joyce served her mission in Bulgaria, and they have the same tradition, called Martenitsa.
6. My mom is awesome. Because she read this post about how Sophia struggles to make her bed because it's a day bed and just plain hard to make--even for me. She didn't just read, though. My mom is a solution-finder, and she is generous to a fault. So she called me up and asked my permission, and then ordered a new bed for Sophia. It was delivered this past week, and I finally got around to setting it up on Friday with the help of these two cute girls. And yes, we took apart the old bed, moved it to the playroom where it will now serve as a guest bed (come visit!), and put up the new one in its place. All while The Maestro was downstairs cooking dinner. Role reversal, it's how we roll (#icrackmyselfup).
7. And the awesomest thing of all? That same awesome mother of mine is arriving here on a plane tonight. Chloe's birthday is tomorrow, and it's always the best present of all that Mamah usually manages to come visit for each of my daughter's birthdays. Chloe is particularly excited to show Mamah how high our snow banks are--she texted her this picture last week. I think they might even be a bit higher now. But then, maybe not, because the weather has finally been above freezing the last couple days, and that's pretty awesome, too!
What's awesome in your life right now?
Click HERE to read more about the awesomeness in my life.